Friday, March 27, 2015

Chapter 5: searching the paths over dinner with Airam 20150327

Tonight is the first couching session with Airam after the introduction almost a month ago.

As i mentioned, i don't know what to do with my life. That's why i started the processing.

In the introduction, Airam and I explore different options as my career and tonight is about him guiding and asking questions to me.

They are mainly about:Good side and bad side of the options. How to achieve my overall vision which is traveling and finding my home.

So here are the options that i proposed: 1. Working in the airport/being a flight attendant.  2. Travel and to take up farm works 3. Doing a translation degree and being an auditor. 4. YWAM, to do a DTS and stay with YWAM.

To be honest, i couldn't tell all the pros and cons after a long afternoon because i have never tried any of those options,but after a dinner conversation woth Airam.

I can sum it up to few short sentences.
These elements, always..

1. Money
It's always about money, eh? Especially  the (2) and (4), it is so impossible to do them with $10, 000HKD for starter.  I have no way to start without paying out a big chunk of time to work in Hong Kong first.

2. People that i wll come across
  Not being racist or discriminating people from Hong Kong, it is all about me. I grew up in Hong Kong but in recently year, i feel so western in my heart that i have been having hard time to interract with the locals. I've been facing hardship while working in a 2nd T Hong Kong CPA firm just because i couldn't communicate well with my coworkers. I can see myself in a very bad place to work with the locals in the future. I need a job that i can work expats or say...westerners. That would be ideal. Just no locals...

3. Fit in my overall vision? Travel and finding my home?

Oh well, almost all 4 goals are for traveling and finding my home. (not so sure about 3) i make sure i can go somewhere and experience life there.It's not necessarily forever. I just want enough time to stay and see if i can call a place "home". This word has been very blur to me in recently year, especially after experiencing life in Vancouver,after meeting so many people from over 15 nations. 

after seeing myself doing well in the international circle...


The next step is that i will go online to search deeper and see if these 4 options are actually do-able. 

Let see what kind of open doors God opens for me...




No comments:

Post a Comment